We had a discussion about natural incubation this past Saturday (May 14, 2016) at Claborn Farms.
Some of the main topics that we discussed were:
- What is “broodiness”? (definition of terms)
- How to break a hen of broodiness
- Advantages of natural incubation and brooding
- Disadvantages of natural incubation and brooding
- Behavior of broody hens
- How to go about it?
- Housing for broody hens
- Introducing the hen and chicks back into the main flock
- Various things related to chicken care and health
Let us know if you would like to join us for other discussions in the future.